Friday, April 5, 2019

Acrylic Block Stamping

This card features a monoprint technique. Basically you smoosh inks all over an acrylic block (normally used to stamp with) and then press cardstock over the inks to lift a print.
I chose to make a sympathy card. The background was created with regular Distress Inks (dye based). I used the same technique on the heart, but used Distress Oxide Inks (pigment), which provided a smoother blend. I like the contrast of the two mediums. The heart was die cut with a My Favorite Things Stitched Heart STAX die.

I stamped the meadow below and again with the heart in place. A stamp positioner makes exact placement possible.
I clear heat embossed the Quietfire Design sentiment after stamping in black Versa Clair ink. Matted on white, then placed on a pale aqua card. Thanks for visiting today!

No comments: