Sunday, April 14, 2019

Can't "Shake" The Purple Kick




Made another purple card since my last post. I was in my local stamp store yesterday (Stampers!) and picked up a magazine to send to my sister for Easter. It included a combination embossing folder and die. I've never seen such a thing before and was intrigued. So much so that I had to open it up and test it out before sending to her. It has a matching butterfly die to fit in the aperture and some sentiment stamps as well as some decorative papers.

I decided to make Sis a shaker card with her stuff. :-) I was gifted this gorgeous purple satin metallic cardstock so ran that through my Cuttlebug with the folder. The normal "2 B plates" sandwich was a bit tight so I used the C plate and a few shims instead. The relief is quite pronounced on this folder.

I heat-embossed the butterfly with a sparkly gold embossing powder and edged the sentiment with the same. Here's some more photos to try to convey the embossed cardstock sheen and the glittery goodness.  The card is 5 X 7 inches. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Lovely Charmaine! Good choice of sentiment too!