Thursday, August 2, 2018

Christmas Card Challenge - Bethlehem


For Sylvia's month of March Christmas Challenge, the prompts were Navy Bethlehem and Sparkle Background. I chose to use a navy Canson Mi-teintes heavy paper for my card base.



The stars were made by dotting on Nuvo Silver Moondust Glitter Drops. As I don't have any Bethlehem rubber stamps, I created a cut file from watercolour paper and used Zig Clean Color Markers to shade in the scene. 

I also cut a second scene from watercolour paper to use as a silhouette. The background was made with Distress Oxide Inks and spattered with white gouache. I created the song refrain on my computer to run along the base. Fun challenge for me this time - I really stretched to make it work!


1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Charmaine, That is wonderful coloring and shading on the first card. Congrats. I starting to catch up on my challenge. Sylvia D.