Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Christmas Card Challenge - Watercolour Background

Here I am with a Christmas card for Sylvia's monthly Christmas Card Challenge. This is for the month of April (I am playing catch up after a few months of poor health). Sylvia proposed a white snowflake and a watercolour background for a die cut. I used regular Distress Inks for the background with lots of water and some splatters. I tore the edges to fit a 5 X 7 inch card.

I love this snowflake die for its daintiness. I cut it from American Crafts cardstock and it cut like butter in my Cuttlebug and released with ease. 

I added two other die cut snowflakes because you can never have enough. The beautiful calligraphic quote is a rubber stamp from Quietfire Design that I stamped in blue Versafine ink and clear embossed.


I added shimmer with a Wink of Stella clear shimmer pen and a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in Crystal Clear. I think, of the two, I prefer the latter. Close up below. I'm entering this in the Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge, The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge, and the Merry Christmas Challenge. Check them out for great Christmas card inspiration!

7 comments:

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at TMCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

Sylvia said...

Charmaine, Watercolor is one of my favorite techniques. Love the colors you chose. Have a great week and joining my challenge. Sylvia D.

Jackie C said...

Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TH&TI

Billie A said...

Pretty water color background and colors. Great snowflakes and glad you hared over at The Merry Christmas challenge.
Billie A
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink

Janis Lewis said...

Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful background and I love all the shimmer of the snowflakes. Great job. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas challenge.

sue n.