Tuesday, August 7, 2018

My Kind of Guy

I am sharing here masculine cards I made using a Dreaming Tree project cut file. This is a fun shutter card that makes a great Father's Day or birthday card for the man in your life.

My first one was for my husband for Father's Day. I used Tim Holtz Paper Stash papers, as well as some other scraps, and an old photo of my husband and daughter for the insert. The photo is revealed as the action of opening the gatefold card opens the heart-shaped aperture. This provides that WOW factor. The bow tie band slides off.

My second card was for a card exchange and so I needed it to be a bit more generic. I used Tim Holtz Paper Stash papers again and instead of a photo inside, I did some rubber stamping. For the eyeglasses, I used silver Silhouette brand printable foil instead of the pearl paper used in the first card, and a textured glossy metallic paper for the bowler hat.


I think the papers really compliment the retro style of the Waltzingmouse rubber stamps used.
I used a rainbow stamp pad to get a gradated effect to the words.
For this second card, I made the bow tie with a magnetic closure so instead of sliding the band off, it comes undone easily by pulling apart. Here's what that looks like.


The recipient gave this card to her husband for his birthday, which was such an honour for me. She said she did not want to give it away so by giving it to him, she still gets to have it around. So I am entering this card in the Male Room Challenge which is for a male birthday card as that challenge is celebrating its fifth year.

Thanks for visiting today. If you have an electronic cutting machine I highly recommend Dreaming Tree files. They have useful videos showing how to put together the cards or 3D paper items. In the case of this file, there are even helpful divots built into the design to help align the various pieces. The hardest part for me was just deciding on which coordinating papers to use!

3 comments:

Lise Mariann said...

What a handsome guy. Perfect for a male birthday card! And you have made such a beautiful inside of the card as well. Thank you for joining us in our 5th birthday celebration at The Male Room.

x Lise Mariann, DT at The Male Room

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I Love Dreaming Tree also, you have made fabulous cards, I especially like the fact you did a magnetic closure for the card you entered with us. A FABULOUS card. VERY Masculine with great papers and details. Thank you so much for joining us in Our 5th Birthday challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

The Male Room
themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! Both these cards are absolutely fantastic! Love the inside of the second card (recognise those stamps :)). Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with our Birthday challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.