Thursday, December 28, 2017

Last Two 2017 Christmas Cards

How has your Christmas season been? We have had a lovely time and I am now back in my craft room tidying up. I have two more cards I made for Sylvia Durocher's monthly Christmas Card Challenge that I can share with you today. In November the shape was Scallop Square and the colour was Navy. Here's my effort:
Stamp City Snowman with Cardinal circa 1999; Penny Black sentiment
I created the background with a slatted stencil and Clarity Stencil Brushes. I need to work on that technique some more. My soft red ended up looking pink! The Scalloped Squares are made with Spellbinder dies. The parts that might look black are actually Navy. I black embossed the Snowman with Versafine ink and coloured with Zig Clean Color brush markers.

In December the shape is Rectangle and the colour is brown. I didn't stamp anything on this card - I used Tim Holtz "Remnant Rubs" in gold foil for the Wonderland title and to add Season's Greetings up the side. The deer paper is from a small Memory Box "Tinsel" paper pad. I added glitter to their scarves.




Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to seeing what Sylvia's challenge will be for 2018!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Charmaine, Thanks for joining my Christmas Card Challenge. I love the reindeer paper. Soft and subtle for an elegant card. Sylvia D.