Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Dreaming Tree Christmas Card


I have not been feeling well this season so the Christmas Card production came to a bit of a halt and I feel bad some folks won't be getting a card this year.

However, I did find time to make one very special card to put in my parcel to my Mom. This is a Paperscape Box Card SVG file from Dreaming Tree that folds flat for mailing, but also works as a luminary with LED lights inserted in the base. Dreaming Tree files are a dream to work with, very well designed, and Leo provides video instructions on the website that are very clear to follow.

Here is a bit of a side view. There are four layers including the background.

A Quietfire Design stamp in Brilliance ink provided the greeting. I added crystals later.

These were supposed to be cardinals but I wanted a blue and white card, so Mom gets blue jays instead.


Finished card with gemstones.

Here is the card with the LED lights inserted, next to my Mom's Christmas tree. She is enjoying it.



6 comments:

Steve said...

Charmaine, that is quite justifiably the most gorgeous card I've ever seen! Can I post it to the Stampers page?

Charmaine Stack said...

Thanks, Steve. Of course you may!

kim said...

You have done a beautiful job with this file, I love your colour choices. It’s fun to see another fan of Dreaming Tree .

Unknown said...

Absolutely amazing. Not unlike you!

SherylH said...

Gorgeous card Charmaine -- must put it on my idea list for next year cards. Thanks for introducing me to the Dreaming Tree website -- they have a lot of wonderful designs.

Karen said...

So pretty Charmaine. Thanks for sharing with us.