Friday, December 27, 2019

Foil Quill Hanukkah Card

Once a year I make a single Hanukkah card. This year I chose a file from the Silhouette Studio store (#236482) for the star. I cut it out of a sponged background I had created with various Distress Oxide Inks.

In Sure Cuts a Lot 5 Pro I imported the SVG file and traced the outside of the star shape and slightly inset the trace to get an aperture on my dark blue card front so the white background would show off the swirls.
Then I designed the words to go around the star using a single line font (Sisters Sketch Font) and "heat printed" them with my foil quill pen and We R Memory Keepers silver foil. Inside I used the same font to say "Enjoy the season."

It was a fun challnge for me to develop this square card  incorporating the foil quill. It's not perfect, but I guess that's what keeps us humble and ensures that handcrafted look!

2 comments:

Wendy Kuchta said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing with me who needs all the inspiration I can get to keep stamping :-) XOXO Wendy

Wendy Kuchta said...

Many thanks for sharing - LOVE your inspiration! XOXO