Saturday, December 28, 2019

Dachshund Through The Snow

My daughter's friends have an adorable Dachshund named Olive and we occasionally get to spend time with her. So I knew just the card I wanted to make for them for Christmas.


The SVG file was free (possibly from lovesvg.com). I chose to cut around the silhouette and pop that up on the front of the card. To do this, I traced outside the entire dog in Silhouette Studio software and then erased all the cut lines from the body. 

I finished the bottom of the card with the Memory Box Frostyville Border die cut from glitter paper. I embossed with the same die across the envelope to keep with the theme. All in all, a fun card to make and give. I am entering this in the Cut It Up Challenge for White on White with a Pop of Colour.

I leave you with a photo of sweet Olive with her advent calendar:




2 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a fun technique, and I love how it turned out! I smiled when I read the sentiment on this card. It's very clever! :)

Thanks for sharing your White on White with a Pop of Color project with us at Cut it Up. Have a happy, crafty new year!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

SherylH said...

So cute! And thanks to the link to another free SVG site.