Sunday, March 3, 2019

Seize the Birthday - Make Us Laugh #160


One of my favourite challenge sites is Seize the Birthday. Any time you want to make a birthday card, you can go check out all the inspiration there, and they always have an Anything Goes theme - with optional "toppings." This time the option is to make a humorous card.

I have a Stampin' Up! stamp set called Birthday Wit that is perfect for this challenge. I bought it for the sentiment I featured on my card front - with a specific recipient in mind. But the set has some other witty sayings that are more generic so this stamp set will be well-used.

This is a monocromatic card. I stamped and embossed the diagonal striped background and the leaves with Rose Gold Embossing Powder by Ranger. I find this colour to be more taupe than rose gold.
Stripes: My Favorite Things; Leaves: Waltzingmouse; Sentiment: SU!
I stamped the sentiment in Ranger's Adirondack Earthtones Mushroom dye ink, which is almost a perfect match to the embossing powder because it is sort of a taupe colour, too. Mounted on navy cardstock. Inside I stamped this:

Thanks for visiting today! 



2 comments:

Glennis F said...

Fabulous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a perfect "trend" card in regards to eating lately :) - Thanks for joining in at STB.