Sunday, October 7, 2018

A FAN-tastic Card


I am not ashamed to admit I love a good pun. I think someone somewhere once said puns are the lowest form of humour, but I  think they can range from groan-worthy to clever. I am not sure which category this card falls in! It's a card for a guy - which is always a little challenging. 


I stamped the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Mini Blueprints 4  sketched fan all over the card front. Using a stamp positioner helped in lining up those fans. I clear embossed the fans and coloured them in with Tim's watercolour Distress Markers. I mounted that panel on black cardstock and then a white 5X7 card.



The greeting is from the Hampton Arts Vintologie Birthday stamp set. I coloured the stamp with markers and kept layering the colours on with repeated stamping (again - a stamp positioner helps) until it was not splotchy and blended well. Then I overstamped with Versamark ink and embossed with sparkly holographic embossing powder. Looks great in real life.

I cut strips of lime green tissue paper to back the sentiment to echo how fans often have a strip of paper ribbon attached so you know they are running. And the pun? That was computer-generated inside:


I am entering this in the Seize The Birthday challenge. Thanks for visiting today.

3 comments:

Glennis F said...

Love it!

Julia Aston said...

A great design (and PUN) for this masculine card Charmaine!

JoAnn said...

Pretty greeting. Love the colors and sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.