Friday, September 7, 2018

A Birthday Bendi Card


Have you seen Bendi Cards? They were all the rage a few years ago but I am a late-adopter, so this is my first one. I wanted a special card for my mom's birthday, so I pulled out all the stops to make this one.

Incredibly, I started with this Christmas bendi card file from 3dsvg.com.

It's a 3-layer free-standing card that I modified for my purposes. I really liked the fence and the general shape of the card and did not want to have to do any math to develop my own base! Here is what I created by modifying the card base file:

It is a 3D card that, when the tabs are undone, folds flat for mailing. Here is a slightly side angle.

I used charming digital papers from the Nitwit Birdsong Collection. My mom loves birds so this seemed perfect. There are three birds tucked among the greenery. I like how the birds seem to be looking at the quote.
The quote and ribbon bow are also digital files from the same collection (I added a crystal gemstone). 

For the back of this card, I created a focal point using the "alphawits" in the collection. It is so nice to have everything coordinate, and if I run out, I can just print more! 


Thanks for visiting today! I am entering this card at Seize the Birthday



3 comments:

Yvonne Cormier said...

OMG girl, you rock!!

Unknown said...

Double WOW! That is really neat. Love all the reasons you did this or that on the card. You are a sweet daughter.

Nancy said...

Absolutely fabulous and so well executed with out doing math! So impressed with this Charmaine! The recipient is going to be in awe of your talents! Thank for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!