Sunday, June 3, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches #339 X 21!


The Freshly Made Sketch was truly a challenge for me, geometrically speaking. My brain had difficulty getting these triangles just right, as you will soon see:
But I persevered and I made more cards in one day than I have ever made in my life; 21, to be exact! Of course, my favourite ended up being the very last one I made. Go figure.

They are all thank you cards (I currently need a lot), 4.25 X 5.5 inches and mostly different - I was just trying to use up scraps of patterned paper. Some are heat embossed, others are not. Some are more clean and simple and others got fussy. Here they are:

Washi tape strips. Verve stamp. Kaiser Craft paper.
These next cards have a masculine feel so I am entering one of them in the almost-ended Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge.
Waltzingmouse stamps. Memory Box dots and really old Basic Grey designer paper
I have been hoarding saving.




I thought this Waltzingmouse stamp was perfect! 
Memory Box papers, Avery Elle die cut "thanks." 
Stickers my sister gave me and I finally used. 

Lawn Fawn die cut pierced edge.
Washi tape sentiment. Easy peasy! 

The flowers on this paper dictated this flipped layout.
Waltzingmouse stamp, left, and Verve stamp, right. 
Different card bases; this Prima designer paper had so many colours to choose from.
Some glitter washi tape and a Quietfire Design die cut inlaid in card front. I had a mishap
with some StazOn ink so had to add a bit of shading around the top.
SaveSave

6 comments:

Christine said...

I admit, I love that sketch too. You were truly inspired though, I'm so impressed. I really liked the masculine ones.

Kath Stewart said...

love how you used the sketch to create wonderful masculine cards and a great way to use up scraps too, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

Jen Brum said...

Wow! What an amazing set of cards! I love all the different mixes of paper and the sentiments! Congrats on making all those cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! Kudos to you for making a whopping 21 cards with our sketch! Each one is fabulous, truly! Thanks so much for sharing these cards (and your special card-making feat) with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

I'm in total awe. I love that you used our sketch to create a stack of cards that will bring such joy. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Kim S said...

I think you've set a record - 21 cards!!! You've done wonderful mixes of papers and sentiments and die-cutting and stamping and even upside down!! LOVE the big "Thanks" across the entire front of the panel highlighted with the bit of glittered tape. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.