Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Black Ice Technique

There is a wonderful tutorial at Splitcoaststampers for the Black Ice Technique, which creates a striated and shimmery effect using metallic cardstock, swipes of black ink, and clear embossing powder. I was intrigued and had a go with some leftover cardstock for my first effort. I mounted it to medium brown cardstock.

Once I saw how cool it looks, I decided to try it with blue metallic cardstock for a beach theme. I mounted the squares onto plain metallic cardstock, then onto black cardstock and I added washi tape.

Here are some close ups, but it is hard to capture the frosty effect:



Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your blue/black ice example. It is spectacular.

Unknown said...

Hi - thanks for sharing - I was thinking of doing something beachy/in the water - we are whale watching at the moment so this will be perfect for my whale breaching. Also thought I would try on copper "heat shimmering" in the African sun.
Sue from Australia

CraftyJo said...

Gorgeous! I've got this technique on my 'to do' list after seeing it at Splitcoast, it's nice to see your take on it, thanks.