Tuesday, May 29, 2018

2018 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop


Hello, blog! Long time no see! Here is my card for the 2018:

Today I have a chalkboard card. I forgot how fun these are! I used my MISTI stamp positioner to enable me to stamp and colour, then stamp again and emboss. I chose not to emboss the hearts so they would recede a bit.



I used chalk pencil crayons to add some subtle colour to the flowers and a slight drop-shadow to the "thanks" calligraphy. I drew the border by hand. I used striped washi tape as a temporary guide to help me space my dots in the border like this:

I used a sponge to smudge a bit of chalk ink in the corners and mounted with a few black and white layers to the front of a 5X7 inch card.

Thanks for stopping by. You can see LOTS more caffeinated cards at the official link up blog here. My card is number 860!





13 comments:

Andre M. said...

These whimsical florals are so pretty on the dark background. The hand-drawn border is the perfect finishing touch.

~amy~ said...

Oh I love this, big fan of that technique.

Billie A said...

Pretty card. Great look

MariLynn said...

So pretty. I love how your chalkboard card looks. Love the colors on the black paper.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is stunning, Charmaine. I can't quite tell if you embossed the image, but it stands out SO nicely. This turned out amazing.

Lisa said...

SO very cool! Love this technique! I've never seen that image used like this and I love it!

New Creations said...

Love it, so pretty!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh, Wow! I LOVE your adorable chalkboard card -- so fun!!!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Love this!! White on black is always so strikingly beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

Great chalk coloring technique on your beautiful card Charmaine! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Nice to see you!

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful image and I love the chalkboard look.

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! This is so cool! Love the chalkboard look!!!

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!