Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Challenge - Heart


Here it is February 1 and I know you think this is a Valentine's card, but wait!

Sylvia's Christmas Card Challenge this month is a red heart and foil paper. I totally missed the foil paper part, so come back later to see if I managed to make another card incorporating that. Today I was feeling pretty proud of myself that I managed the red heart part! This is an old (2001) Stampington & Company stamp called Forget Me Not, which is what it said before I covered it up with a "from the heart" banner using a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp and some white embossing powder. 


The red ink for the heart and banner is Versafine Satin Red which I clear embossed, and I used the same ink to stamp Waltzingmouse's "Christmas Wishes" along the left side. A stamp positioner makes that a breeze. I used a MISTI and slid the paper up by one inch increments to stamp evenly spaced wishes. I popped the heart and sentiment up with foam tape. It's a simple card, but I think it looks more involved thanks to the beautiful collage stamp.

I am entering this in the fun Jingle Belles challenge called "Text Me." Still time to enter until Feb. 7. I am also entering it in the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club February Christmas Card Challenge for the letter H.


3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Charmaine, Excellent card for the Feb challenge. Sylvia D.

SmilynStef said...

That angled texty background is magnificent ... so very glad you got texty with us at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that is gorgeous, what a brilliant challenge from sylvia and you've ROCKED it, bigtime! so happy you could get texty with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

(ps: totally love your blog introduction, eh?!) :) :) :)