Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Manly Valentine


An online group I belong to (Creative Cuttlebuggers) issued a challenge for a mingle: create a Valentine Card suitable for a man. This is the one I came up with. It has a vintage feel.

I clear embossed the heart and sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps and used Ranger's Fired Brick and Faded Jeans distress inks to color the white cardstock. Waltzingmouse Stamps has a wonderful assortment of clear stamps that are Spellbinders Nestabilities-friendly. The stamps I used here are from the Seasons of Love Tag Set.

I used my heart shaped nesties to cut and emboss the image and a matching scalloped heart. The accents are some pin-striped designer paper embossed with Swiss Dots and Technique Tuesday's Irony stamps with some gold Peel-off sticker dots. I hope the distress inks and the pinstripes helped keep this from being too frou frou feminine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so cool! love the clear emboss resist!!!