Tuesday, January 19, 2010


This is a card I made for a challenge on the CreativeCuttlebuggers Yahoo group. It was a simple challenge: use the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder. The card measures 4.25 X 11 inches. I die cut some hearts out of clear acetate using the Spellbinders Nestabilities heart set, then embossed with the swirls. I coloured them with Ranger Alcohol Inks, and highlighted with rub on wax in silver.

I edged them with Krylon silver paint pen following this simple technique of Sharon Johnson's: Krylon edging tutorial . I was skeptical, but it really works well. Previously I would cut a V notch in my Krylon paint nib to have a groove to run the cardstock along, but with this method it is not necessary.

The burnished pewter cardstock I used for the "i" and the "u" is a favourite small piece of scrap that I have been reluctant to use up. I die cut the letters using the Blossom alphabet set from Quickutz. The black background is a paper placemat!

1 comment: