Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Sweet Stitching Birthday Blooms

 


Over the past year my sister and I have been subscribed to Let's Stamp Together, a kit service put out by Scrapbook & Cards Today. There is a kit every second month and they have been great. They include stamps, stencils and dies. This month was a flower and leaf stamp set with matching dies from Spellbinders that feature piercings to allow stitching enhancement.

I sent this card to my sister for her birthday, hoping to inspire her to use this kit. I used some blue metallic thread for the stitching. The My Favorite Things Happy Birthday Background is stamped in white pigment ink on black cardstock. The Sweet Birthday Wishes script sentiment is part of the kit.

I used a Jennifer McGuire technique of tracing with a ball point stylus around the die and then going over that with a Sakura Gelly Roll glitter pen to create a tight frame around the bouquet. Subtle but effective. I am entering this in the Anything Goes category over at Seize the Birthday.



1 comment:

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about this - the colours, the background. Everything. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.