Sunday, November 6, 2016

Gold Star Christmas

I am slowly working my way through Sylvia Durocher's monthly Christmas card prompts. I am not doing them in order, so today I will share the prompt from January 2016 - which was to use the colour gold and a 5 or 6 pointed star. I use the Burnished Velvet technique to create my three stars. I used the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge November Sketch for my format.


Using two colours of microfine glitter and wide double sided tape, I created the panel of gold stars against a navy sky. The navy is not so speckled in real life but the camera was picking up the reflection from the glitter. The sentiment is from Penny Black's Festive Cheer set. I am entering this in the Penny Black and More Anything Christmas challenge.


7 comments:

brenda said...

It a very striking creation for our Christmas theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Shirley said...

Gorgeous sparkly Christmad card. Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny black and More this month.

Shirley

Sylvia said...

Charmaine, This is a really nice card. Love the gold sparkle of the stars. Sylvia.

Fabiola said...

C'est une sobre et charmante carte Charmaine, elle scintille et illumine les fĂȘtes, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is lovely! The shimmer and sparkle of those stars is just fab! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

Ellibelle said...

A wonderful design and beautiful colors!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Penny Black and More!

cherry said...

This is beautiful! I just love the stars all glittered up. Thank you so much for visiting! Cherry