Monday, January 20, 2014

A Little Love


Hello, welcome to my blog today. I recently watched a video by one of those talented stars in the stamping world - Jennifer McGuire. She showed how to get more out of your dies by paper piecing remnants from one die cut into another. I was inspired to give it a go. I used a Memory Box Cherish Border die and cut it out of a number of cardstocks and patterned papers, both white and pink. 

For this card, I inserted patterned papers and then highlighted them with Ranger Glossy Accents. I stamped the Waltzingmouse sentiment, For You, in the lower corner. Clean and simple.

The "love" stamp is an oldie, but goodie, from Stampin' Up! I used patterned paper for the border and glittered the insets.

This last card is a riff on the Burnished Velvet technique. I die cut the border out of cardstock with double-sided Sookwang tape affixed to both front and back. This severely tested my Cuttlebug and I do not recommend it. It gave me the opportunity to easily glitter the border, and the background, and the insets. I then added a couple of hearts (Memory Box (modified) and Spellbinders) and the beautiful calligraphy stamp from Quietfire Design, stamped in StazOn Fucshia Pink. 

By the way, all these cards were made from Memory Box card bases. I get these from my local stamp store, Stampers!, and they are very good quality, with white insides and smooth as silk coloured outsides. Great weight - not flimsy. I like the saturated colours and the convenience of not having to cut and fold my own bases. Thanks for visiting today!


1 comment:

Shirley said...

Beautiful cards! I love what you did with the die cuts and I need to try those too. I save everything and then don't push to use it. Your cards are wonderful. I like how you did the different colors on each and showed how just a little change can make each so lovely!