Sunday, November 3, 2013

Acanthus and Poppy

I am so happy to be able to play along in the latest Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge - which is a colour scheme per below:

I recently purchased a couple of gorgeous Anna Griffin Cuttlebug embossing folders: Acanthus and Poppy. I used Acanthus for this card, creating a background by pouncing Ranger Perfect Medium ink overtop and chalking. I used three blues and a grey to chalk, but it all seems to blend into one!
I used Versafine Deep Lagoon ink to stamp the Victorian Fripperie border and monogrammed medallion and heat embossed in clear.
I applied Swarovski heat-set flat backed crystals to the elements. I was lazy and used Ranger Glossy Accents glue to affix them instead of getting out the hot wand. I actually have more faith in the Glossy Accents' holding power. I tried to catch the sparkle of these gunmetal blue gems but my iPhone just isn't up to the task.


The Poppy folder seemed to call for a more exuberant colour palette. 
I used various Distress Inks to colour the background for this Birthday Card, which I am entering in the Seize the Birthday challenge. You should check it out - lots of great birthday card ideas over there.
Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back soon with more cards.


9 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous work Charmaine! I adore the shades of blue and the lovely monogrammed medallion! All so elegant! The touch of sparkle is perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics.

BTW the birthday card is just wonderful!

Nancy said...

Thanks for joining us this time at Seize the Birthday! The background you created for your card is wonderful!!! I am really liking the color palette you chose!!

Pauline said...

Those embossing folders are absolutely gorgeous! Love that frippery set with the damask, so sumptuous!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the beautiful embossing and the inking!

Julia Aston said...

What lovely embossing folders Charmaine! love how you've colored them - both so different!

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely cards! Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

Ang said...

OMG. That blue background is stunning. Makes me "need" that EF.
Ang

Tara Cardwell said...

Fabulous take on the colours - and that embossing folder background is stunning! The stamping matches it so well.
Thanks for joining the fanatics again.
Tara

Kate said...

Stunning cards Charmaine !!