Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz, errr... Party

Once a month (on the 17th) the gals over at Waltzingmouse Stamps hold a Blog Waltz Party. Everyone posts their creations for the monthly theme and then we all visit the various blogs to ooh and ahhh at the plethora of stamping goodness.

Starting this month, the event formerly known as a WALTZ is now a PARTY. Perhaps the design team found waltzing just a bit too tame - maybe they are all party girls at heart? So I am looking forward to seeing what the design team does to whoop it up this month!

I have my party hat firmly placed on my head and have prepared a card for this month's theme, which is Sweet Things.  I will soon need a Housewarming Card for a colleague so I thought I'd prepare it in advance (for a change) and come to the WMS party with it.

I paper-pieced this sweet little cottage from the Sewing Box - Hugs set using Prima papers.


The borders are Spellbinders die cuts and I affixed some black gemstones to the holes.
Here's a close up of that sweet little abode. I just took some markers to the windows and door to colour them.

Thanks for stopping by today. I imagine if you go to the Waltzingmouse Makes... blog you will see all sorts of "SWEET THINGS," so what are you waiting for? Party on!



9 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow--this is such a clever take on the challenge. Love your sweet little home.

Kim Heggins said...

Your littel abode looks just as sweet as it can be. What an adorable card to give for a house warming.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I love your take on the theme!! I think I am going to pop an email to Claire... I was thinking about it, but knowing I am not the only one! I think maybe they might not have realized it doesn't really give us a chance!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Charmaine! Love the paper pieced WM house!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is really lovely, Charmaine. Such a beautiful background for this "sweet" little scene. Great job with all of your paper piecing and how your title fits this challenge so perfectly.

LaurieJ said...

So sorry you missed the Party, but I'm glad you added your link in the Forum. I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on this sweet card! My heart smiles every time I see a little something stamped from Sewing Box - Hugs. LOVE the paper you used.

rudlis said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning.
Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

Deborah Frings said...

Charmaine - this is just lovely - I do like the papers you've used here on the sweet house!

Pauline said...

Oh I missed this Charmaine, but the times for the party have been changed, so you will go to the ball Cinderella! This is gorgeous, love this sweet litle house and the fresh colours and papers.