Saturday, November 5, 2011

More Birthday Cards

Really, can you ever have too many birthday cards on hand? In fact, I probably should invest a lot more in birthday stamps and cut back on all the Christmas stamp purchases, given that birthdays are year 'round cardmaking occasions compared to Christmas. (I just can't resist a good yuletide stamp, though!)


This may be the first time I have inked up this Gina K houndstooth label stamp (coordinates with Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight), though I think I have had it for a year. I used Tim Holtz's new autumnal colour Seedless Preserves distress ink to stamp the label and the sentiment.  The background is some gorgeous 6X6 Prima Fairy Flora designer paper that I got from Quietfire Design. I die cut the flowers and leaves and distressed them with more of Timmy's inks. 


Hi, Cupcake! I used a Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge design for this card, but I didn't use any WMS stamps on it so didn't enter it in the weekly challenge. I'm pleased with how it turned out, though. This was a bit of a twofer - I had the materials out and made the first card, and then used the leftovers to make a second card. Gotta strike while the iron's hot!

No comments: