Saturday, February 12, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 31

This week it's Rusted Enamel. I followed Tim's directions to create the background for my tag, but I think I need to practice more. The embellishment (above) was some silver Hodge Podge Hardware from Stampin Up! that I colourized with alcohol inks; I smashed the brad heads a la Tim. I stamped the postmark (Stampington & Company) twice, once on acetate and once on cardstock. I like the depth it provides. The passport image is from Oxford Impressions. I added some pen stitching to Tim Holtz's Tissue Tape.
Details for this weekly challenge are on the Studio L3 blog.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

This tag is gorgeous! I don't think you need anymore practice - you nailed it! LOVE your embellishments. Cheers!

donna said...

Wonderful work. I am also from BC-Sunshine Coast. I am signing up to follow so will see you again. I love the work you do!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Spectacular tag, Charmaine! I think your rusted enamel is absolutely perfect- the colors are great, and you created a lot of texture. The imagery you used is fabulous, too, and I'm LOVING the postmark plaque. The double stamping really did give is a multi-dimensional look. Awesome piece for the CCC-- thanks so much for joining in!

Linda S. said...

I am also enjoying your lovely tag. The color combos are beautiful, and you did a great job with the technique. Nice work.