Monday, January 27, 2014

Fanatics and Elephants United

The fortnightly Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge has rolled around again, and this time the gals are getting sketchy.


To play in this challenge you need to use something from Waltzingmouse Stamps - a stamp, a digital file, a template, etc. Claire has a bunch of freebies on her site so everyone can play even if you have never purchased anything. Deborah's wonderful samples showed some of Claire's digital papers that were cut by hand into the "ray" pattern. Deborah did this fussy cutting to enable her to match up the pattern perfectly across the colour ways. That kind of effort is to be lauded!

Using Deborah's card as inspiration, I created the rays in my Silhouette software and loaded the digital papers into them so my rays are one seamless piece of paper printed on my printer. However, I forgot to work on matching up the patterns.  I think it can be done fairly easily in the software, so need to go back and figure that out.

The digital papers I used (also Waltzingmouse) have a smaller, busier pattern so my slackness hopefully isn't too obvious! I also scanned and traced the label and rooster stamps into my Silhouette program and cut them out with my Cameo.

WMS Stamps: French Country; Papers: Victoriana Papers
Using the same sketch, I created a Valentine's Day card using some Samathan Walker Cuckoo Red Hot digital papers (the pink and white heart patterns) and part of a journalling card from the Echo Park Love Story 2 kit (right side of card). I purchased these paper files from Jessica Sprague's site.  

WMS Stamps: My Heart
Sequins are HOT right now and I have had these for ten or more years so - just like fashion - if you hang on to something long enough it comes around again! I stamped the LOVE and "is all we need" to compliment all the digital papers. Again, the whole design is seamless as I put it all together in my Sihouette Studio software and printed as one whole piece.
Ranger Glossy Accents used to shine the hearts and affix the sequins.
This card works well for the theme of "LOVE" over at The Pink Elephant Monday Challenges' TPE 235 so I am entering it there, too.

Thanks for stopping by today. Now look at the sketch again, whip something up, and head over to the Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge blog and enter today!

8 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Wow - you really went to town on this one! Great use of the cameo too I keep meaning to try traying my stamps. Love the hot pink and sequined one - it really pops!
Tara
Waltzingmouse Fanatics

Deborah Frings said...

Charmaine - both your cards are just fabulous! Love the sunrays behind the rooster! And the Valentine card is lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics.

BTW - thanks for the compliment - it was much easier than it sounded. And I really must play with my Cameo a bit more!

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are fantastic Charmaine, I love the rooster he is fabulous. Your valentine's card is so pretty with all those sequins. Thank you for stopping by my blog with your sweet comment.

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely designs for the sketch Charmaine!

Ang said...

Great take on the sketch. wish I had thought of that, may have made it a little easier for me.
Ang

Nance said...

Very pretty Valentine card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Pink Elephant Challenge. Come back and play soon.

Nance, DT

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful cards, love the sunny good morning and hot pink valentine :)

Shirley said...

Charmaine, I just went and pulled all of my sequins, etc. after looking at your card. Your first card is so really bright and cheerful! The second one is just wonderful with all of the sequins, rhinestones, etc. I love the colors too!