Sunday, December 3, 2017

Santas (yes, plural) are coming to town


I recently joined a Canadian papercrafts swap group on Facebook. Twenty years ago I was involved in a lot of swaps on Canadian Stamp Talk (a Yahoo Group) and have missed it. The cost of postage makes swapping with crafters in the USA prohibitive.

A recent swap was vintage Christmas cards. I had just got this vintage Santa stamp in a craft store garage sale and this was a great excuse to try it out. I needed to send out three cards.

Sylvia Durocher's challenge for October was a banner shape and turquoise. I used a vintage flashcard with muted turquoise trim and a matching "banner" tag, as well as a scalloped red banner above St. Nick. The message is a Waltzingmouse Stamp (retired). I "dusted" the vintage sprig with white paint to give it a bit of frost and tied it with jute.


The second Santa was a bit more subdued.

I adore the metal tokens Tim Holtz designs, and this "25" seemed just right, tied on with twine. The sentiment reads: It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Last comes the frosty turquoise snowflake Santa with a wee banner for Sylvia's challenge again.
The sentiment is stamped into metal, too, and tied with baker's twine.

So that's my tale of three Santas! I am entering them in the throwback challenge running all this month at Christmas Card Throwdown, which is:

I chose:


2 comments:

AlisonC said...

A cheerful set of cards. Each one just a bit different with lots of lovely additions. Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Andreja said...

What a beautiful festive card you made :-)) I like your Santa.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown, Andreja DT