Monday, September 4, 2017

Lavender Christmas



Sylvia Durocher's monthly Christmas Card Challenge continues with September where we are to feature a Scalloped Oval and the colour lavender. 



This is a one layer card (the oval is the only layer on the white card). I stamped the stocking (Heather's Stamping Haven by the Stamp Barn) directly onto the lavender oval and coloured with Zig Clean Color brush markers. I used a white gel pen to accent the snowflake and the berries, and grey and purple markers to create a bit of shadow. I traced around the stocking with a stylus, then flipped the oval over and "puffed out" the stocking on a mouse pad with a large ball stylus to give it a bit of 3D effect.

I used a sketch for this from the Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge blog

I stamped Hero Arts flourishes for borders and a Waltzingmouse Stamps sentiment. A few clear rhinestones here and there finished this off. Another Christmas card done!


4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Charmaine, Thanks for joining my Christmas Card challenge. Nice coloring on your stocking. I like your offset placement. Sylvia D.

Lily-by-Gilly said...

Your colour scheme gives the card a modern, contemporary look. I love your take on the sketch.

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Gill, DT.

AlisonC said...

Flourishes are always fun and these are a good way to use the sketch. Your beautiful stocking looks embroidered.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Ivana Camdzic said...

Charmaine, this is soo pretty! I love the tone on tone purple shades you used and that stocking is GORGEOUS!!!