Saturday, July 22, 2017

CCT14 Christmas Rainbow


The Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge No. 14 is:

It was a challenge. I don't usually think of rainbow colours and Christmas going together other than red and green. Here is my card:

I recently picked up a stamp set from Stamp-it Australia at a garage sale and this ornament intrigued me. It does not have an outline, so I had to create a mortise mask to enable me to sponge Distress Ink through the hole to colour just the balls. I tried to leave the centers paler as though that is where the light would hit them. The branches are from a Flourishes set.

I put some Nuvo White Blizzard Crystal Drops on the snowflakes here and there to add some shine. This card is 4 X 8.5 inches. Still time to play in the challenge if you want to tackle a toughie!



2 comments:

AlisonC said...

This stamp is so pretty and your baubles really do look sparkly and reflective. They look good in all the colours.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Andreja said...

Beautiful card you made :-)) I like your rainbow baubles.
Thanks so much for playing along with Christmas Card Throwdown. Hugs, Andreja