Monday, May 22, 2017

Smack Down Technique


Over at Splitcoaststampers they have a weekly new technique challenge. Having stamped for over 25 years, I rarely see something new to me, but this week I learned to Smack Down a Background. A really fun technique.
This was my first and favourite card. I like the old world chintz fabric look that the technique created.


My second card was made with more ink colours and is a bit busier, so I chose to cover it up a bit more.

The technique is simple. Ink up a stamp. Smack it down on your cardstock and just keep smacking it down until there is no ink left, Then repeat.

I used the focal flower stamp on these cards to create the backgrounds. I look forward to playing around with this some more.

2 comments:

Quietfire said...

What a fabulous background Charmaine!

Julia Aston said...

What an interesting technique! I have not heard of that yet either! it certainly made for lovely backgrounds on both of your cards!