Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I {HEART} MY CAMEO!

I think technology is a beautiful thing when it can take the mundane and make it sublime. Over on the Ranger website they have a PDF of labels for the Distress Stains and Distress Paints. The labels are designed to be cut with a three quarter inch punch. I don't have one. Or they could be cut by hand with scissors. All 52! Ugh!

So I made a cut file from the PDF using my Silhouette DE software. In minutes my dots were printed and cut on my Silhouette Cameo and now I just need to glue them to my bottle caps. If I had been less excited and thinking clearer, I would have printed onto an adhesive backed label sheet to save even more time. Still, I am pretty happy with this time-saving project. 

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Bless your heart Charmaine!
thanks for the file!

Quietfire said...

Bless your little patooties Charmaine! This is a perfect use of the Silhouette! Thank you so much! (Oh, yeah. Duh. Print and cut twice for each set!)

Deborah Frings said...

Such a good idea!

bkazoo said...

awesome, I thought about this when I originally saw the file but didn't have time to work on it. Thanks!