Monday, March 18, 2013

Personalized Wedding Card


My daughter is of an age where weddings are the main social activity, it seems. Consequently, I am called upon to make wedding cards. Where possible, I try to incorporate papers or motifs from the couples' wedding invitations. My thinking is, if they picked it out for their special missives, surely they must like it!


The silver embossed paper above once held the invitation, which I carefully removed. I slid in some black cardstock and mounted a lacy oval cut from silver cardstock. I thermal-embossed the greeting in silver on more black cardstock and cut it to fit the inner oval. Et voila - a meaningful, personalized wedding card.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ranger Embossing Ink
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Spellbinders Floral Oval Die
Cardstock: Black Recollections, Silver


3 comments:

Kate said...

simply stunning

Inkyfingers said...

This is so elegant and stylish. They are going to love it!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Charmaine, how thoughtful to use the invite envelope for this personalised card!