Tuesday, March 29, 2011

By the Sea


Hello! Today I have a "just because" card - not made for anyone in particular and merely a result of playing in my craft room.


On the weekend I ran across some old technique booklets from ancient swaps on the Yahoo group Canadian Stamp Talk (largest Canadian Stamp Group on the net with 695 members currently) and was reminded of stampers I have not heard from in years - and techniques that I have not used for ages. It was a nice trip down memory lane. I decided to make some Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE) and Perfect Pearl tiles to feature on a card. I crackled them and rubbed black ink into the cracks. I popped the center tile up on foam to highlight it a bit.

I live on an island so I have a bit of an affinity for the sea. I have always liked the Shore Cliff cube stamp from Stampington & Company; guess that's where the inspiration came from!

2 comments:

SherylH said...

Beautiful card, Charmaine -- love the blue/green colours against the white card. I will have to look for the CST technique booklet I got soon after joining CST -- maybe it will give me some "new" ideas.

Chookarooni said...

Nice card Charmaine!