Tuesday, January 19, 2010
This is a card I made for a challenge on the CreativeCuttlebuggers Yahoo group. It was a simple challenge: use the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder. The card measures 4.25 X 11 inches. I die cut some hearts out of clear acetate using the Spellbinders Nestabilities heart set, then embossed with the swirls. I coloured them with Ranger Alcohol Inks, and highlighted with rub on wax in silver.
I edged them with Krylon silver paint pen following this simple technique of Sharon Johnson's: Krylon edging tutorial . I was skeptical, but it really works well. Previously I would cut a V notch in my Krylon paint nib to have a groove to run the cardstock along, but with this method it is not necessary.
The burnished pewter cardstock I used for the "i" and the "u" is a favourite small piece of scrap that I have been reluctant to use up. I die cut the letters using the Blossom alphabet set from Quickutz. The black background is a paper placemat!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
This was a personal challenge to create a Valentine's card using stamps from only one sheet, the Seasons of Love Tag set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. A lot of the stamps on this sheet are Christmas specific, but there are some that are useful year round. The stamping was done in Versamark and then I dusted with various colours of Pearl Ex and Perfect Pearls. It shimmers IRL. The button embellishment was a gift from my sister that I was eager to use. Thanks, Kim!
An online group I belong to (Creative Cuttlebuggers) issued a challenge for a mingle: create a Valentine Card suitable for a man. This is the one I came up with. It has a vintage feel.
I clear embossed the heart and sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps and used Ranger's Fired Brick and Faded Jeans distress inks to color the white cardstock. Waltzingmouse Stamps has a wonderful assortment of clear stamps that are Spellbinders Nestabilities-friendly. The stamps I used here are from the Seasons of Love Tag Set.
I used my heart shaped nesties to cut and emboss the image and a matching scalloped heart. The accents are some pin-striped designer paper embossed with Swiss Dots and Technique Tuesday's Irony stamps with some gold Peel-off sticker dots. I hope the distress inks and the pinstripes helped keep this from being too frou frou feminine.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
This is my first attempt at blogging. Previously I kept all my photos over on Picturetrail, but I am going to move to this blog if things go easy peasey.
I just completed a card for the Caardvarks New Year Challenge and wanted to try and post the photo here. There is a prize from JustRite Stampers so hurry over and enter!
The "Just Because" is a JustRite stamp. The Fleur de lis punch outs were made with an EK Success punch. The designer paper is 7 Gypsies and I am not sure what the stripe was - it was a scrap. Beneath the punch outs is a layer of tape with glitter applied in the burnished velvet technique, but the effect seems lost in the scan. Looks good IRL!
Well, I need to go shop around for some bling to dress up this blog!